Rotary Position Sensors
Precise angle measurement and electronic inputs.
Rotation sensors and transducers
Rotary position sensorsenable precise angle measurements. Rotation sensors transform mechanical rotary positions into electrical signals. Sensors for detecting changes in angle and direction of rotation are also calledincremental encoders要么rotary encoders。
Althen provides rotary position sensors based on差分变压器, as well asinductive sensors和rotary potentiometers。We also develop custom solutions for you. Our sensors have measurement ranges between 10° and 360°.
We are happy to help you select the most suitable rotation sensor or measurement solution. Fill in ourcontact form要么contact us directly: you can find the phone numbers and e-mail addresses of yournearest location on our locations page。
Product Overview Rotation Sensors
High-Precision Rotary Position Measurement
Althen offers a broad selection of rotary position sensors based on different technologies.
Conventional rotary position sensors(also: angle sensors, inductive sensors, goniometers) are based on the principle of differential transformers (LVDT). Althen rotary position sensors are a special type of LVDTs calledRVDT(rotary variable differential transformers). They can be configured to suit specific needs and are very durable. Our customers typically use them in hydraulic servos for control surfaces in aerospace engineering, or for controlling engines and fuel systems.
Rotary potentiometers可分为两类:单匝一个吗d multi-turn rotary position sensors. Both are commonly used inOEM applications。They are available in small or medium quantities at relatively low cost.
Properties & Advantages
- Long service life
- High precision
- Wear-free operation
- Compact form factor
- Cost effective
- Intrinsically safe ATEX rotary position sensors for hazardous environments available
- Rotary potentiometers for OEM applications (single-turn and multi-turn rotary position sensors)
- Machinery (e.g., for pulp and paper production)
- Assembly and handling technology
- Extraction technology
- Measurement and testing technology
How do Rotary Position Sensors Work?
Every rotary position sensor has a primary coil and two secondary coils. The transmitter core works contactless and is mounted on high-quality bearings, so that the rotary position sensor offers effectivelywear-free operation。这些电感传感器需要交替的电流电源B0B体育平台下载电压。
Other sensors in our portfolio useadvanced inductive technology。These rotary position sensors (also: angle sensors, inductive sensors, rotation sensors) have only one secondary coil. The stable, non-linear output signal is linearized using application-specific integrated circuitry (ASIC). Integrated amplifiers output the signal as an analogue voltage or current signal.
For optimum measuring results, choose from a broad range of different operating voltages and output signals.
A special version featuring aZener barrieris certified foruse in explosive hazard environments。We supply these intrinsically safe ATEX rotary position sensors for Ex II 1G, Ex II 1GD, and Ex i/II M1/1GD hazard zones.
ForOEM applications, we supply small and medium quantities of rotary potentiometers. Based on their mechanical properties, they can be divided into two categories:
- Oursingle-turn rotary position sensorshave a measurement range of 360 degrees. They are available with or without a mechanical stop at the end of the rotation. A change in resistance depicts the measurement range of 360 degrees as 0 to 5 kOhm.
- Multi-turn rotary position sensorscan measure beyond the 360 degree limit of a single turn. Multi-turn rotary position sensors have a range of 1800 degrees (5 full revolutions) and map this entire range onto a change in resistance of e.g. 5000 Ohm.